I go barefoot simply because I enjoy going barefoot. But if I had to have reasons…?
1) The bliss of mud puddles
2) That pleasant ache that feels so good after a long walk/run
3) No blisters – ever!
4) Feeling textures like never before
5) Feeling “grounded”
6) Being forced to slow down and observe
7) The good feeling that my feet are getting stronger the more I walk barefoot
8 ) No sweaty stinky feet – ever!
9) An incomparable light springy feeling when running
10) The foot tan
11) Near silent walks (no clop clop of shoes)
12) No shoe wear and tear = no money spent
13) Conquering terrain that I feel is impossible, and the feeling afterward
14) Thinking of new responses to people’s questions
15) No socks to wash or shoes to clean
16) A feeling of balance and control
17) Not having to worry about shoes getting wet when the rain comes
18) Not being afraid to do something that feels right